Two questions about international local numbers

First, when I’m looking at the per-country rate tables, I see that there are in some cases a number of different rates depending on the prefix. Does the rate depend on the prefix of the number you are calling, or on the prefix of the FlyNumber you are calling it from?

Second, I understand that a number of countries do not allow people to have local telephone numbers unless they are legal residents of the country. Is there some place where national or regional regulations that might limit the ability of a non-resident to get a local FlyNumber are tabulated?

Thanks,
Greg

Hi

Im assuming you are referring to the per min rates?

If so , this is what you are charged to forward calls from any local FlyNumber. So if you forward the calls to a USA phone number, you’d pay .03 every time someone calls your FlyNumber ( regardless of where they are) . You pay the .03 because the calls are forwarding from the FlyNumber to a regular phone number

Yes , it really varies but here is the full list…

Countries that have requirements

Bahrain:

• Current address in Bahrain (street, building number, postal code);
  • Proof of address (a copy of utility bill no older than of 6 months);
  • Passport or ID copy;
  • Name, business name and contact phone numbers.
  • PLEASE NOTE: In case registration process is performed under a company name, the company registration certificate shall be provided instead of passport or ID copy.

Belgium:

• Current Address in Belgium (must be from the same area in Belgium as the DID ordered);
  • Passport or ID copy;
  • PLEASE NOTE: In case registration process is performed under a company name, the company registration certificate shall be provided instead of passport or ID copy.

China:

• Current Address Worldwide (street, building number, postal code, city);
  • 2 proof of address forms (2 copies of utility bills no older than of 6 months);
  • Passport or ID copy;

Costa Rica:

• Passport or ID copy;

France - Geographic:

• Current Address in France (must be from the same geographic zone, as the DID ordered);
  • Passport or ID copy;

France - National:

• Passport or ID copy;

Georgia - Geographic:

• Current Address in Georgia, Tbilisi (street, building number, postal code);
  • Georgian passport or ID copy;

Germany - Geographic:

• Current Address in Germany (must be from the same city in Germany as the DID ordered);
  • German passport or ID copy;
  • PLEASE NOTE: In case registration process is performed under a company name, German company registration certificate shall be provided instead of passport or ID copy.

Greece:

• Current Address in Greece (street, building number, postal code, city);
  • Passport or ID copy;

Hong Kong:

• 2 proof of address forms (2 copies of utility bills no older than of 6 months);
  • Passport or ID copy;

Hungary - Geographic:

• Current Address in Hungary (must be from the same city in Hungary as the DID ordered );
  • Passport or ID copy;

Hungary - National:

• Current Address in Hungary (street, building number, postal code, city );
  • Passport or ID copy;

Ireland - Geographic:

• Current Address in Ireland (must be from the same area in Ireland as the DID ordered);
  • Passport or ID copy;

Italy - Geographic:

• Current Address in Italy (must be from the same area in Italy as the DID ordered);
  • Passport or ID copy;

Japan - Geographic:

• Passport or ID copy;

Liechtenstein:

• Passport or ID copy;

Luxembourg - National:

• Passport or ID copy;

Malaysia:

• Current Address in Malaysia (street, building number, postal code, city);
  • Passport or ID copy;

Malta:

• Current Address in Malta (street, building number, postal code, city);
  • Passport or ID copy;

Netherlands:

• Current Address in Netherlands (street, building number, postal code, city);
  • Passport or ID copy;

Russia - Geographic:

• Passport or ID copy;

Switzerland:

• Current Address in Switzerland (street, building number, postal code, city);
  • Passport or ID copy;

Thailand:

• Current address worldwide (street, building number, postal code, city);
  • Passport or ID copy;
  • Name, business name and contact phone numbers;
  • Detailed service description of DID usage;

Turkey:

• Turkish national ID card copy (both sides);
  • Turkish mobile phone number (verification code will be sent to this mobile number);
  • Latest invoice for Turkish mobile number:
  • addressed to the same end user;
  • including the mobile phone number.

Ukraine - Geographic:

• Passport or ID copy;
  • PLEASE NOTE: registration process cannot be performed under a company name.

[Russian Federation]

Your answer to my question about the requirements per country is perfect. Thank you.

I’m still confused about the first question, about rates per prefix, though. Take for example the UK. For the prefix 44872, a rate of $0.1600 is given. For the prefix 44871, it is $0.1615, and so on down the line. My question is, is the rate dependent on the DID (e.g., prefix 44872 vs 44871) or is the rate dependent on you calling, from any FlyNumber UK DID at all, the prefix 44872 vs 44871? I suppose my main question is that if you buy a UK DID from FlyNumber, will you pay the same rate for all calls within the UK, or will you pay different rates depending on the prefix of the number you are calling.

Hi

You would pay the same rate for all forwarded calls, regardless of who calls the FlyNumber

For example, you buy a UK local number for $2.95 a month. If you answer the calls with VOIP/SIP you will pay nothing else. Just 2.95 for unlimited minutes to your SIP /VOIP.

If you answer the calls from the UK local number on a regular phone( landline or mobile), you will pay an additional per min rate ( on top of the $2.95 per month for the number itself)

Depending where that landline and mobile number is , is what determines the per min rate you pay for each forwarded call. This per min rate changes only if you change the forwarding number ( the mobile or landline you’re using to answer the FlyNumber calls)

It doesn’t matter who calls the FlyNumber/local UK number, the price doesn’t change in either scenario .

Hopefully this clears things up, if not please let us know

OK, I understand that incoming calls, calls made to the local number by someone else, those never incur an extra charge.

My confusion was about outgoing calls, calls I make to other numbers. If I understand what you are saying, this means that if I call, via my UK local number, a 44872 prefix, I pay $0.1600 per minute, whereas if it had been a 44871 prefix, the per-minute charge would be $0.1615. Another example: if I had a French local number (which I now know I cannot have because I am not a resident of France or a French national), the range of per-minute charges would be $0.03/minute for many prefixes, on up to $1.2215/minute for 3380 numbers. Is that correct?

I appreciate your help.

BTW, I now have a local number in the US and have set up an initial PBX configuration. That PBXww utility is very nice.

Ooops sorry about that…

Outgoing calls are pretty simple, you were right all along- you would pay a per minute rate depending on the prefix you are dialling.

It doesn’t matter if you make an outgoing call from a UK FlyNumber or a France Flynumber- same outgoing per min rates

You can get a National 33-9 France number with proof of address anywhere in the world.( Paris, Marseille, Lille would need a France address)

Well, as for the France number, I think you need a French national ID number, which I don’t have.

Actually one more question: for outgoing calls, let’s say I have a UK DID and call out to a number not in the local area, say in Rome. First, is this permitted? And second, I’m assuming it would be charged a long distance rate. For calls within the E.U., how much are these rates, generally, for ordinary calls? Also, is there some particular E.U. region such that having a local number there would be maximally economical for someone traveling (and making outgoing calls) throughout the E.U. ?

Not for a National 33-9 France number, a valid government issued photo identification should work fine ( Along with bill/statement/invoice no older than 6 months)

Yes it is

You would pay these exact rates. If you pull up Italy you can get an idea of what it’ll cost you to call Italy/Rome phone numbers

It wouldn’t matter what FlyNumber you purchase or what country its from, the outgoing per min rates dont change.