SMS - possible to receive

Hi,

Would it be possible to receive an SMS? I really don’t mind if it gets emailed or forwarded to the destination number, but at the moment I can get a call come through but inbound SMS seems to simply be discarded.

There is an “SMS History” tab, perhaps you are working on such a feature?

It would be great to give out a number knowing it is fully usable, so if it is not currently something being worked on could I please request it as a feature? (presumably emailing is the least technically difficult/expensive to achieve?)

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi there,

At the moment we don’t forward SMS but hope to in the future, no ETA right now…

The “SMS history” is for notifications.

You set this up in the PBX… one example is if someone calls your FlyNumber it can send an SMS with the callers number to the destination you set.

Thanks

Any news on receiving SMS , this would be a real game changer for Flynumber

1 Like

We’re getting close, we should have Canada SMS soon but there is no solid ETA on that and the other countries

1 Like

When supported in Canada, will you be making an announcement or will it just start transparently working? Will it be through the Virtual PBX? This is definitely high on my wish-list.

We hope soon but unfortunately don’t have a solid ETA

Hi, this topic seems like it hasn’t gone anywhere in some time. I’m new to flynumber and was also curious about SMS capability. Is there any news recently about this?

Sorry no updates at the moment

Any more news - I had a couple of fly numbers for a while , and loved the PBX , forwarding voicemail etc etc , a great service but without SMS Functionality I stopped using them , I check back regularly and I’m sure many others do , can you please give us an ETA for this functionality - or do we need to look elsewhere for this service

1 Like

At the moment its in the pipeline but wouldn’t have a solid ETA sorry.

It’s been 222 days since your lats update regarding SMS forwarding. Is it now available or still in development?

Hi there,

We apologize for the painfully long delay and are actively working on getting this up and running for most of our numbers.

The biggest challenge here is getting SMS to work seamlessly across local phone numbers from all over the world. We’re getting close and will at least be able to manually add the feature to your account soon.

Only certain numbers will accept SMS initially:

Canada ( not every city , more info soon )
Finland, Mobile
Israel, Mobile
Poland, Mobile
Sweden, Mobile
Ukraine, Mobile

Thanks and will keep this post updated.

1 Like

Any update? Specifically for Colombia?

Most banks and other institutions in Colombia require a cell phone in order to validate account changes. Drives me nuts.

Thanks,
CC

Sorry nothing on Colombia at the moment

Is it possible to manually add to account SMS forwarding from Canadian to US number?

1 Like

Yes as this functionally is around the corner, please keep an eye out for the feature on this forum/twitter

1 Like

One year+ after this post, will Singapore be part of the launch this quarter?

Sorry but it seems Singapore will not be a part of that launch

Hi,
if I have a virtual number in Israel and forward calls to a real number in Poland, will sms sent to the Israeli number be sent to th Polish number?
Thanks!

Sorry not at the moment and we hope to have SMS forwarding with Israeli mobiles soon